Would you like to ask us a medical question?
Tamsulosin Side Effects
What side effects can this medication cause?
Tamsulosin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms or those in the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section are severe or do not go away:
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- back pain
- runny or stuffy nose
- pain or pressure in the face
- sore throat, cough, fever, chills, or other signs of infection
- blurred vision
- difficulty ejaculating
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- painful erection of the penis that lasts for hours
- swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, lips, throat, arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs